Thursday 3 November 2011

About me

So hi !

I was the one responsible for coming up with the idea to provide support for the Multiple Sclerosis Society. Some of you may or may not know that I have been living with this disease for the past 8 years and trying to adjust to the changes that most people take for granted. I was first diagnosed when I was 23 due Optic Neuritis and ended up losing the sight in my right eye. For over a year I was unable to enjoy the hobby I love so much. Between seeing doctors, going for MRI's ,day to day injections and an uncertainty of how my body will be when I wake up it's not been easy. It is like learning how to walk for the first time, which I had to do when I almost lost the feeling in my legs. I woke up one morning and everything below my waist was numb and at the age of 23 I had to use a walker just to get around. But with a great support group and some acupuncture, I am thankfully able to walk some what normal and be independent again.

So after 8 years, three medicines , many trips to the neurologist I am still trying to cope with the changes. I do try to game every once in a while and still love painting almost every day. My friends even say I am pretty good at it.

My goal and hopes for the tournament is to bring awareness for Multiple Sclerosis as well as to support finding a cure.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this inspirational message. I look forward to being a part of this event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for the kind words and the support =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you and wish you much success for this event! :)

    PS: sorry for the deleted post above ... I was fixing an error.

    ReplyDelete